How to Make an Appointment
Prior to arranging an appointment with Dr Webster, the referral from your general practitioner and recent scan report needs to be forwarded to our office. This can be sent via fax on +61 7 3112 5085 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once this referral has been received it will be assessed for clinical urgency and you will be contacted within 1 business day to arrange an appointment.
If you have previously seen Dr Webster, please contact our rooms on 1300 559 533 to arrange an appointment.
As Dr Webster is a private treating neurosurgeon, patients who are wishing to make appointments are required by Dr Webster to have the following:
- Private Health Insurance with comprehensive private hospital cover.
- An active and approved Work Cover claim.
- DVA gold or white card (Please ensure the if you have a white card that the condition you are seeing Dr Webster for is covered under the accepted conditions on your white card).
If you do not have any of the above, please discuss with your referring doctor the option of consulting with Dr Webster at the Princess Alexandra Hospital. This consultation will not incur any fees. Please ask your referring doctor to fax your referral to the Central Referral Hub at the Princess Alexandra Hospital on 1300 364 248, and the staff at the Princess Alexandra Hospital will be in contact for an appointment. Should you have any questions please contact our friendly staff on 1300 559 533 to discuss.
Our Clinic Locations
Upper Mount Gravatt
Level 3, 12 Mt Gravatt-Capalaba Road
UPPER MOUNT GRAVATT Q 4122
Ipswich Specialist Centre
12-‐14 South Street
IPSWICH Q 4305
280 North Street
TOOWOOMBA Q 4350
22/120 Bloomfield Street
CLEVELAND Q 4163
Items to Bring to Your Appointment
- Scans pertaining to your condition.
- Completed Patient Registration Form.
- Completed Privacy Consent Form.
- Your initial consultation fee is $260. You will be eligible for a rebate from Medicare of $110.20. One of our friendly staff will arrange for this rebate to be deposited bank into your account.
The Centre for Minimally Invasive Neurosurgery and Spine Surgery strictly follows the billing guidelines and fees outlined and recommended by the Australian Medical Association. As we follow the AMA fees, there may an out of pocket cost for your consultations and surgery if required.
If you have any questions in relation to the fees that are involved, please contact our office on 1300 599 533 and our friendly staff will assist with your enquires.
Phone: 1300 559 533
If You Need Surgery
Should you require surgery, our friendly team will arrange a mutually convenient date to have your surgery performed.
Once a date is confirmed an information pack will be sent out to you. The information included in this pack is:
- Letter confirming date, hospital, admission time, list of items to bring to hospital and fasting details.
- Consent for treatment form.
- Estimate of Dr Webster’s fees.
- Relevant hospital admission booklet.
Our office will advise the hospital and anaesthetist of your upcoming surgery and they will contact you directly to discuss any further details that may be required.
After your surgery you will be required see Dr Webster again his rooms for your standard post operative appointment. This appointment normally occurs 2 – 3 weeks after your surgery. This appointment is made prior to your surgery and is detailed in the letter that is included in your information pack that you will receive prior to surgery.
Whilst every effort is made to ensure that you receive all of the information in relation to fees prior to your surgery, this can not always be possible. If your surgery is arranged outside normal business hours, Dr Webster will provide you with a verbal estimate of fees and a formal estimate will be forwarded to you on the next business day.
Post Operative Guidelines
Dressings are to be changed every second day for 5 days your discharge from hospital or until weeping has stopped then remove and clean daily with clean water.
No swimming for at least 2 weeks after your surgery or until the wound is adequately closed.
Surgical Clip Removal
Should you require surgical clips to be removed, these should be removed:
Anterior Neck Surgery – 5-7 days after surgery
Craniotomy – 7 days after surgery
Revision Wound Surgery – 2 weeks after surgery
Other procedures – 7 – 10 days after surgery
Should you be experiencing any of the following please arrange an appointment with you local GP or call our rooms on 1300 559 533 if you are not able to attend an appointment with your local GP:
- Redness around the wound is increasing.
- The wound is more painful.
- There is discharge from the wound which is greater than a 50 cent piece
- You are having fevers and feeling generally unwell.
Please refrain from driving until your post operative appointment with Dr Webster, unless otherwise advised by Dr Webster. This will normally be 2 – 3 weeks after your surgery.